Jun 1, 2009

Wakeboard and Water Ski Photography: Are you Ready!?

Summer is officially here! I have to say, that I am thoroughly enjoying some early morning exercise (running and road biking as of late) in this beautiful weather. My commercial photography shoots are also much more enjoyable without having to throw on a pair of winter gloves for extended periods of time. Of course "Summer" means a lot of things to a lot of people, but hopefully included on your list (in addition to exercise and photos) is a trip to your local lake, resevoir, or even your backyard canal. So grab that surf board, wakeboard, water ski, tube, or anything that could be pulled behind a boat and get out of the house! now! Okay, so maybe call your friend, who knows someone with a boat (perferably one who will invite you along) and get out there. We've got our annual Lake Powell trip just a couple months away, and I'm stoked to get down to one of the most beautiful places on earth. Speaking of Powell, I've got to mention a site I've partnered with as of late that provides some killer info on boating in the Utah are: Check it out Utah Boating Info You'll find a wealth of boating info on their site and some nice water and underwater photography :).

A post on my blog is not complete without at least one image, so here is one of my favorite Water Ski photos from last Summer; Branond Harding on a D3 Ski, "gearing up during sunset":



5 comments:

Weston and Becky said...

Nice! Work like always! I was playing catch up like usual. Nice pics of Gram working the lens. Soooo, when do you want to hit the lake? Deer Creek is a refreshing 68 right now.

Jason said...

my friend said, "when i think of winz i think of ACTION"

Kevin Winzeler Photography said...

@ J - Yeah, I hear that quite a bit. how's the plan coming?

SkiMoab (Dave) said...

When will you be heading to Powell? We'll be there the first week of August, Bullfrog Marina.

Kevin Winzeler Photography said...

@Dave - We're heading the end of August. Would be sweet if it was the same time. I would still love to get up to burley with you guys sometime.